Retrospective Study of Scheuermann’s Kyphosis
Studies Conducted from 2004 – 2005
- Lonner BS, Newton P, Betz R, Scharf C, O’Brien M, Sponseller P, Lenke L, Crawford A, Lowe T, Letko L, Harms J, Shufflebarger H. Operative management of Scheuermann’s kyphosis in 78 patients: radiographic outcomes, complications and technique. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32(24):2644-52, 2007.
- Petcharaporn M, Pawelek J, Bastrom T, Lonner B, Newton PO. The relationship between thoracic hyperkyphosis and the Scoliosis Research Society outcomes instrument. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32(20):2226 31, 2007.
Retrospective study Defining the Incidence of Complications and Risk Factors Associated with the Use of Single Lung Ventilation for Thoracoscopic Surgery in Pediatric Spinal Deformity
Study Conducted from 2005 – 2006
- Daniel J. Sucato, MD MS, Anna McClung, RN, Peter Newton, MD, Todd Milbrandt, MD (KY), Baron Lonner, MD: Defining the Incidence of Complications and Risk Factors Associated with the Use of Single Lung Ventilation for Thoracoscopic Surgery in Pediatric Spinal Deformity. International Meeting on Advanced Spine Techniques, Athens, Greece, July 13-15, 2006.
Retrospective Cerebral Palsy Scoliosis Study: Quantifying Outcomes and Risks
Studies Conducted from 2005 – 2006
- Sponseller PD, Shah SA, Abel MF, Sucato D, Newton PO, Shufflebarger H, Lenke LG, Betz RR, Marks MC, Bastrom T, The Harms Study Group: Scoliosis Surgery in Cerebral Palsy. Differences between unit rod and custom rods. Spine 34(8): 840-844, 2009.
- Sponseller PD, Shah SA, Abel MF, Newton P0, Letko L, Marks M. Infection rate after spine surgery in cerebral palsy is high and impairs results: multicenter analysis of risk factors and treatment. Clin Orthop Relat Res. Epub ahead of print (doi:10.1007/ s11999-009-0933-4),2009.
A Multicenter Retrospective Review of the Results of Three Classes of Surgical Treatment for Congenital Scoliosis Due to Hemivertebra
Study Conducted from 2005 – 2006
- Yaszay B, O’Brien M, Shufflebarger HL, Betz RR, Lonner B, Shah SA, Boachie-Adjei O, Crawford A, Letko L, Harms J, Gupta MC, Sponseller PD, Abel MF, Flynn J, Macagno A, Newton PO. Efficacy of hemivertebra resection for congenital scoliosis: a multicenter retrospective comparison of three surgical techniques. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36(24):2052-60, 2011.
Prospective study of the surgical treatment of Lenke 1 main thoracic idiopathic scoliosis
Study Conducted from 2001 – 2007
- Newton PO, Marks MC, Bastrom, TP, Betz R, Clements D, Lonner B, Crawford A, Shufflebarger H, O’Brien M, Yaszay B, Harms Study Group. Surgical treatment of Lenke 1 main thoracic idiopathic scoliosis. Results of a prospective multicenter study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38(4):328-38, 2013.
Comparison of Severe Scoliosis treated with or without Halo Traction
Study Conducted from 2006 – 2007
- Sponseller PD, Takenaga RK, Newton P, Boachie O, Flynn J, Letko L. Betz R, Bridwell K, Gupta M, Marks M, Bastrom T. The use of traction in the treatment of severe spinal deformity. Spine. 2008 Oct 1;33(21):2305-9.
Prospective study of Spinal Motion Preservation Evaluation: 2-5 years post-operative follow-up
Studies Conducted from 2007 – 2009
- Marks M, Newton PO, Petcharaporn M, Bastrom TP, Shah S, Betz R, Lonner B, Miyanji F. Postoperative segmental motion of the unfused spine distal to the fusion in 100 patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Spine 2012 May 1;37(10):826-32.
- Marks MC, Bastrom TP, Petcharaporn M, Shah SA, Betz RR, Samdani A, Lonner B, Miyanji F, Newton PO. The effect of time and fusion length on motion of the unfused lumbar segments in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS). Spine Deform 3:549-53, 2015.
The Retrospective Study of Posterior Vertebral Column Resection in Pediatric Spinal Deformity
Studies Conducted from 2008 – 2009
- Harry Shufflebarger et al. Multicenter Study of Posterior VCR for Pediatric Deformity. Scoliosis Research Society Annual Meeting. San Antonio, TX. September 23-26, 2009 (podium)
- Harry Shufflebarger et al. Multicenter Study of Posterior VCR for Pediatric Deformity. North American Spine Society Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA. November 10-14, 2009 (podium)
Retrospective study of Scoliosis Correction in Marfan Syndrome Patients
Study Conducted from 2009 – 2010
- Gjolaj JP, Sponseller PD, Shah SA, Newton PO, Flynn JM, Neubauer PR, Marks MC, Bastrom TP. Spinal deformity correction in Marfan syndrome versus adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: learning from the differences. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37(18):1558-65, 2012.
Prospective Study of Scheuermann’s Kyphosis
Studies Conducted from 2005 – 2013
- Lonner B, Yoo A, Terran JS, Sponseller P, Samdani A, Betz R, Shufflebarger H, Shah SA, Newton P. Effect of spinal deformity on adolescent quality of life. Comparison of operative Scheuermann kyphosis, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, and normal controls. Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38(12):1-49-55, 2013.
- Gaurav A, Lonner B, Toombs C, Sponseller PD, Samdani A, Betz RR, Shah SA, Newton PO. Preoperative pulmonary function in patients with operative Scheuermann’s kyphosis. Spine Deform 2(1)70-5, 2014.
- Cahill PJ, Steiner C, Dakwar E, Lonner BS, Newton PO, Shah SA, Sponseller PD, Shufflebarger HL, Samdani AF. Sagittal spinopelvic parameters in Scheuermann’s kyphosis. A preliminary study. Spine Deform 3(3):267-71, May 2015.
- Lonner B, Toombs CS, Husain QM, Sponseller P, Shufflebarger H, Shah SA, Samdani AF, Betz RR, Cahill PJ, Yaszay B, Newton PO. Body mass index in adolescent spinal deformity: Comparison of Scheuermann’s kyphosis, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, and normal controls. Spine Deform 3(4):318-26, July 2015.
- Lonner BS, Toombs CS, Guss M, Braaksma B, Shah SA, Samdani A, Shufflebarger H, Sponseller P, Newton PO. Complications in operative Scheuermann’s kyphosis. Do the pitfalls differ from operative adolescent idiopathic scoliosis? Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 40(5):305-11, Mar. 2015.
- Lonner BS, Ren Y, Shah SA, Sponseller PD, Yaszay B, Samdani AF, Cahill PJ, Pahys JM, Parent S, Shufflebarger HL, Newton PO Reciprocal Changes in Sagittal Alignment with Operative Treatment of Adolescent Scheuermann’s Kyphosis- Prospective evaluation of 96 Patients. Accepted for publication in Spine Deformity. July 2017.